Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Holidays....woo hoo.


(posted by CJ) Well, here we go again, Holidays 2008. While most of you start thinking of warm, fuzzy memories, family meals, presents, and good times, I'm thinking of driving, eating fast, driving, visiting fast, driving, complaining, driving, guilt trips, and driving. That's what our holidays have been reduced to, especially with Addi now in the mix.

You would think a happy compromise could be reached and people would give Kathy and I the benefit of the doubt that we are doing the best we can to see everyone, but that never happens. If we see Relative A for 2 hours and 42 minutes then Relative B will be pissed that we only saw them for 2 hours and 41 minutes. I swear some of them are keeping little timers in their pockets just to double check. Plus, divorce makes things even better. Do we consider splitting time in half: my side and Kathy's side? Are we supposed to do thirds: my Dad's side, my Mom's side, Kathy's side? I'm starting to think of doing fourths: 1/4 in my living room, 1/4 in my front yard, 1/4 in my dining room, and 1/4 in my back yard.

Should I be this pessimistic even before the holidays get here? Yes, yes I should, because its the same crap from the same people every time, every year. God bless those family members that have gone out of their way to make things easier on us, but they are few and far between it seems. So once more, Kathy and I will be doing the best we can, knowing that we did the best we could, and too bad if anyone thinks otherwise. Hopefully, this will be the holiday season that it all finally works out smoothly, because Addi deserves to enjoy her time with her family and we want her to have that. Here's hoping all of us have a good one, including you if you're reading this!

No comments: