Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bedtime Panic


(posted by Kathy) Earlier this evening CJ was putting Addi to sleep. Typically, each of us have our own routine things we do with her when putting her to bed. Tonight CJ called me into the bedroom in a panic. Addi was sitting in the bed looking at him with her index fingers together begging for him to do what she was expecting. He frantically asked me, "What is "this" (while doing the index finger thing)? She is upset that I don't know what she wants." I realized, I've been singing Itsy Bitsy Spider to her lately. She wanted him to sing it with her, but he didn't understand the signal. I sat on the edge of the bed with them and we sang Itsy Bitsy Spider together. Hand motions and all, because that's the best part of it! We had a great time. After I left them alone again a little while later I heard Indian yodel hollering noises and a lot of laughing. She's a fun kid...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really hope I might ever get to meet this adorable little one! Hope all is well and thank you for this idea! This is wonderful!